Parent Information And Policies
We are delighted to be working with your child(ren) and youth while you enjoy the seminar. We have many exciting events planned for the Children and
Youth portion of this seminar. Much planning and thought has gone into preparation of the program activities, as well as finding experienced staff to
take care of your child’s/youth’s needs during the conference.
In order to meet your child’s/ youth’s needs the following tips may be helpful:
- Please be aware that all registered children and teens will be required to participate in the children’s program and the youth training seminar.
Minors must be chaperoned at all times while you are attending the adult seminar workshops. If you have children or youth onsite that will not be
participating in the Children and Youth portion of the conference then you will be responsible for providing their meals and proper supervision at all
- All children and youth who are registered to attend the seminar will be assigned to an age appropriate Classroom. Placement will be based on your
child/teen’s current age. Your child’s name will be posted outside of their assigned room. This includes those teens in middle school and high
- Depending on the age breakdowns of those attending, siblings may be separated. However, they will have access to one another for short periods
of time if a child needs comforting. If you have any concerns regarding this policy please note this on your child’s information form.
- To insure the safety of all children and teens attending the seminar they MUST BE ESCORTED BY THEIR PARENTS to and from assigned classrooms.
Each Room Coordinator will have a Sign In/Out Sheet outside of each classroom. You must sign your name, your child’s/teen’s name and the time
you leave your child/youth. When you pick your child/teen up, please sign-out by putting the time that you take your child/youth. This includes
those youth in middle school and high school who will be participating in the teen seminar.
- ONLY PARENTS may sign children/youth out -- not siblings. Once your child/youth has been signed in they must remain with the childcare staff
and youth leaders until a parent has signed them out.
- Please make sure that your child/youth is dressed in appropriate and comfortable play clothing. You may wish to provide an extra set of clothing for
- Please make sure that all infants/toddlers have diapers, wipes, bottles, food, formula, etc. (snacks/meals will be provided for older toddlers)
- Youth will not be allowed to return to your hotel room during planned activities unless signed out by parent.
- Please allow enough time before morning workshops to feed your child/youth and then escort them to their assigned classroom. All children/youth
must be signed out following the last workshop each day.
- Please let us know if your child has any food allergies or has any other special needs (i.e., disabilities, medical conditions, behavior issues) that the
staff needs to be made aware of. Attach an additional sheet if necessary.
- If you have concerns regarding the placement of your child/teen in a certain age group or issues relating to your child/youth’s functioning level
please let us know. Children and Youth will not be grouped or labeled based on their disability and/or specific diagnosis; however, we will have a
separate VSP (Very Special People) room available for those families who may prefer that their children/youth receive more individualized care.
- In order to meet your child’s/teen’s needs every parent must complete the Child/Youth Information form (one for each child/teen) which gives us
specific information about your child/teen. Parents must also complete the Consent Form for Participation in the Children and Youth Programs for
the Ties that Bind Training Seminar. Please make sure that all required forms are completely filled out with all pertinent information. Verify that
your contact information is legible in case we have any questions regarding your child/youth needs.
- If your child requires medication, you must complete a Prescription Medicine Administration Form. All medications must be in original prescription
bottle with the child’s name, doctor, dosage and times to be dispensed. All prescription drugs must be turned in to the nurse on staff.
- When you turn in your Child Information form, each child/youth will be given a number. We are asking that you write the number(s) down for each
of your children and keep them with you during your workshops. If we need to come and get you during a workshop we will go to the session that
you have indicated you will be attending and hold up the number assigned to your child. This is to avoid interrupting the speaker for that session.
Please go to your child’s room as quickly as possible. We will come and get you immediately if your child/youth is ill, injured, or if a situation arises
in which your child’s needs are such that we are unable to meet them adequately.
- Plenty of toys, activities and entertainment will be provided for your children and youth. Please do not allow them to bring personal items/toys/
electronics into childcare area unless it is absolutely necessary to comfort your child. Staff will not be responsible for any personal items.
- Parents will be responsible for the supervision of their children/youth during breaks and Family Night activities. Please dress appropriately for
- During the Family Night Dance no children or youth will be allowed to leave the designated area without being accompanied by their parents.
PLEASE COMPLETE ALL THE APPLICABLE REGISTRATION FORMS FOR BOTH YOU AND EACH OF YOUR CHILDREN.
THIS WILL INSURE THAT YOUR REGISTRATION FOR THE SEMINAR WILL BE COMPLETE AND SUBMITTED ON TIME.
IF WE ARE MISSING INFORMATION AND/OR FEES WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REGISTRATION FOR